Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craz123
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView into QlikServer formula problem?

Hi all,

Having some trouble with this formula:

=count(DISTINCT[Reference Number])

It works when I work on it in my localized version on my desktop.

Once I publish into QlikServer only this formula does not work... just shows a '-'.

Anyone have any insights to it? All my other graphs, data work fine just that this pesky one...

Appreciate any thoughts / comments / advice. Thanks!

20 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I didn't mean that exactly. Is there any triggers assigned to get that number? Because, when we say version upgrade there may be problem if you have too much load of expression. You just used distinct with count. This never behave like that. Why this weird working in local? Can you re create the object and publish then we will think issue srill persist.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi again,

From the screenshot is it showing that the QVD's at least have different data in, so i would look at troubleshooting on production server. The set analysis is pretty simple, so i would start by looking at the Reference Number field and make sure it shows as expected.

Mark

craz123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Field is definitely there as you can see the Total # of Responses is showing =count([Reference Number])

Once u add distinct for Unique Users count - suddenly it cannot count 😕

craz123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Object re-created, re-published. Still the same.

It was original textbox now im using a listbox to see if it will make a difference.

The thing is if you refer to the pics I attached above, Total # of Responses is showing =count([Reference Number]). But once u add distinct to it.. it just suddenly does not work.

Also, production using QlikV 12 same as my local.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Chris,

Are you using any extension object  to show the count ? Is yes, then try plugin version on the access point once.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
craz123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi KC,

No extension being used, everything is based off the default functions in QV.

Curious, if I publish my page without locking the sheet  / leave it editable am I still able to change the formulas etc? I am currently in the midst of putting it in test server so still waiting to see if I could debug from the web URL itself

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Again,

Have you tried doing any other calculations with the field? Like a sum? or using it in other charts?

Could be interpreting it as string field? Maybe worth wrapping it in a num() in the script to rule it out?

Mark

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Also, production using QlikV 12 same as my local.

This is where my doubt, Because initial reply you said it is working but deploying to Prod the same application which is not working. I am not sure, What is the issue but cuv‌ will help

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Let me check

count([Reference Number]) works

count(distinct [Reference Number]) does not?

could you attach a sample?

Colin-Albert

Does the document have Section Access? This may be restricting access to the data.