Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
daniel1990xyz
New Contributor III

QlikView open in server - which Port needs to be open

Hey,

I cannot open a document from server (open in server) with my local QlikVew Desktop installation when I am connected via VPN to the company network. I think it is not possible due to blocked Ports for VPN. When I am connected directly with the company network it is possible to open a document from server.

Do you know which Port and Protocol will be used when a document should be opened from server (File/Open in Server)?

Thank you. 

BR

Daniel

openInServer.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Support
Support

Re: QlikView open in server - which Port needs to be open

The QlikView Desktop client uses port 4747 to establish a direct QVP connection to the QlikView Server.

For details on ports needed, this Help section is a good starting point. 

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
vamsee
Valued Contributor

I am not quite sure but try checking if port 4780 is open

Partner
Partner

The QVP protocol port is 4747

Regards

Support
Support

The QlikView Desktop client uses port 4747 to establish a direct QVP connection to the QlikView Server.

For details on ports needed, this Help section is a good starting point. 

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post