Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView to PDF automatic email

Hi

How can I automatically generate a PDF report from Qlikview and send it by mail without buying a license?

9 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Marie,
I am now sure how it works at your end. But sometimes this is what I do to just print the report from Qlikview Dashboard by doing necessary selections in the dashboard. After doing selections in the dashboard, go to Reports tab -> Edit Reports -> Add a report page and drag and drop the graphs or tables accordingly, but this is purely for test purposes. You need to download PDF-Xchange from the internet, do not know how feasible it is at your end but for testing purposes i did that. I use Nprinting for most of the reports to be printed to different formats.

Please find the attached word document on how you can set up the report and fill email settings for automatic email of PDF.

This is very generic and might need lot of column filling where necessary based on your environment.

Please let me know if you got stuck with something after trying.

Thanks,
V.

Not applicable
Author

Hello vishsaggi

Your reply will help me to print as PDF but what I want is a method to automatically generate a PDF and send it by mail without user interface.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marie,

no simple way to do this really, without either a publisher license or some other tool such as Nprinting

hope that helps

Joe

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Marie-Anne,

there is no built-in solution afaIk. You'll need some extra tool unless you can (have someone) write

What I found as a solution is a third-party tool called "ReportToMail" which works fine with pdf_reports - there is a pdf_report set up in the app, the tool merely opens the app at a predefined time, generates the report and sends it to one or several email_adresses and then closes the app again.

The tool can also save reports in apps as xls, but well, it would send pdf_reports just fine.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Marie,

If you see in the word document, i have few screen shots that show to fill in the SMTP setting values if you fill them accordingly and give some specific email id it should work. It worked at my end.

Could you able to try filling those SMTP values and tried sending ??

V.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Sorry, you mean your report must be sent to the user based on current selections and automatically send it to their mail box without the user opening the qvw file?? Is this what you were talking about??

avinashelite

if you want to automate the mailing process the best option would be NPrinting but its a licence tool..try with macro that may help you 

Not applicable
Author

Yes vishsaggi this is what I mean like the taskscheduler generate a qvs file based on a field value I want to generate a PDF file.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Sorry, Marie unfortunately this can be done to my knowledge from Npriting.

V.