Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancy_sbeity
Partner - Contributor III

QlikView with Multiple data sources

Hello,

Is there any existing application (demo) that shows qlikview loading data from many data sources (Excel , SQL ...)

Note: I need these multiple data sources in one application.

Thank you in advance.

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I believe that is the standard setting for an average application, loading data from multiple sources.

I would recommed looking at the book QlikView 11 for developers

QlikView 11 for Developers | PACKT Books

which demonstrates this with with some demo data sources you can download.

If you only want to see some script code. There should be some samples around here in the forum and on Qlik Demo.

Basically, it's just combinations of CONNECT for defining DBMS access and LOAD for table data load from DBMS or directly from file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi NAncy,

Are you interested in the process of connecting to multiple data sources or just in having a demo app which uses multiple data sources?

The Qlik YouTube channel has many helpful videos showing connection to different data types. For example, look at New to QlikView: Load Data from ODBC - YouTube for multiple tables from a database, or look at New to QlikView: Load Data from Excel - YouTube to load data from Excel.

If you are just looking for a demo app, many of the app on Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com are built using multiple sources, it is just transparent when using the actual application.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi ,

check below post:

New to QlikView Videos

nancy_sbeity
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your help but what I need is to show Qlikview loading data from multiple sources specially CRM, SQL in the same application. I mean I need a demo. Is there any solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to see a demo of building an app from multiple data sources then maybe you want to have a look at the Getting Started with QlikView webinar I presented a while back. This shows connecting to multiple data sources, joining the data together and then building an application from it. You should be able to access it at the following link

Play recording

If you need to show the demo from your own data sources then your best bet is either to build it yourself, using the material above as a guide, or contact your local Qlik sales team to talk through your requirements and try to arrange a one on one session, though there might be a local charge for this depending on your region.

Not applicable

Hi,

I saw some good explanation and examples for this in QlikView 11 for Developers .

Better to go through cookbook once for more data analytical concepts

raghvendrasingh
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Nancy,

You can find several applications for excel source from community.

Anybody can't provide you the app having the source SQL,SAP... etc.

Because for making the connection to SQL you need to require credentials user name and password.

These credentials are server specific.

So best option is there, you need to go through the book ( QlikView 11 for Developers) and can watch youtube videos.

Thanks,

Raghvendra

sivaramr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Abh,

I need to accomplish the same (connect multiple data source like oracle, mysql & mongodb and map the record using case id and populate it  as a result in separate sheet) in my project. Could you please provide access to your Webex recording