Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview 11.20 SR19 CRITICAL TROUBLE

Hi! Beginning with QV 11.20 SR 16 and upper application confuses fields and data during calculations.

1. Open the application

2. Reload document

3. = Bug (See 1 screnshot in attachment) <- Field 1 = Field 2 & '|' & Field 3

4. Do not close document and reload again (See 2 screnshot in attachment) = all good!

Bug actual for desktop (QV) and server (QVB) load

Spoiler

tmp:
NoConcatenate
LOAD * Inline [
x,y,z
];

Concatenate(tmp)
LOAD
RowNo() as x
,RowNo()*-1 as y
,RowNo() as z
AutoGenerate(100000);

DATA:
NoConcatenate
LOAD
x & '|' & y as KEY,
x,
y,
fabs(z) as z
Resident tmp;

drop Table tmp;

First load after open document

clipboard_image_0.png

Second load after open document

clipboard_image_1.png

Labels (1)
70 Replies
barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi my dear friend @Brett_Bleess ! I remember what you said about letting me know when the news came, but I thought I'd remind you. Can already there is what the news on problem. Even minor because we are very interested in the solution.

P.S Sorry I'm a little Intrusive.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have not forgotten about you, the way things work in R&D is things are based upon a weighted scale, and the issue here is this is not yet to a point where the weight is putting it at a spot where it is making the review list.  I did just recheck things and there has been no activity yet.  Apologies for the delay, but unfortunately I cannot really do much to push this, Toni has been trying as well, but thus far things are still waiting.  Hopefully this makes a little sense and explains the delay to a degree.  I cannot say when things will hit the point they will reach the level of being reviewed...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Brett_Bleess  ! it's me again! Sorry to ask the same question again, are there any news for me?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey there, thanks for the post, I had not forgotten, but I had not gotten around to tracking things down again to leave you an update there was no update.  What I have done at this point is tried to see if we can just get a confirmation on whether they will look at it or not, and I mentioned it has been quite a while since we submitted things too.  If you have not heard back from me by the 15th, leave me another update reminder as you just did!  Hopefully I will have something by then.

Warmest Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Got some movement on things, the engineers were curious as to the following, you up for doing some testing and letting us know what you see?

If we can reproduce the error reliably, I have an theory that could be tested. In this theory

• Functions fabs(), Sign(), Fact(), log(), sin() should exhibit the problem (and some others).
  • Functions Floor(), Ceil(), Round(), pow(), fmod() should not exhibit the problem.

Let me know if you have time to do this and if you do, what you see, and I can get that passed back to the engineers to see if we can get some further information.

Regards,
Brett

barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Brett_Bleess  !

You're absolutely right!

I completed 10 tests for each function and here are my results :

fabs(), Sign(), Fact(), log(), sin() - There is an error

Floor(), Ceil(), Round(), pow(), fmod() - Without errors

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks for the check, Toni let the engineers know, hopefully will have something further in another day or two once I know what they are thinking.  Apparently this is part of some other issue that started pre SR16, but evidently did not become an issue until SR16.  Will confirm back as soon as I can what is going to be done on things.  Thanks again for doing the testing!

Regards,
Brett

barakovskikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Brett_Bleess 

In SR20 the problem remained relevant (

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yeah, fix has not been done yet, so that was expected.  I have jogged the engineers on things, as it seems they may have gotten sidetracked and missed one of the last messages, so hopefully my new message will pull them back to make the final decision on things.  Likely next week before I have an update, sorry for the further delay, but thanks for keeping things active and reminding me to circle back! 🙂

Cheers,
Brett

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am sorry to report that a decision has been made to not do a fix in the 11.20 track, here is the Article link explaining things, but I am sorry I was not able to get you a patch so you could get higher than SR16.

QlikView Intermittent Concatenated Values During Reloads 

I am going to mark this as the solution of this thread after posting it.

Regards,
Brett