Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview - Dynamic section access

‌Hi I would like to know if it would be possible to reduce a qv data by a user selection. Example:

I have a list of Countries with their information (cities, sales, etc).

I would like the users to be forced to select their Country first when they open the dashboard, and based on the value selected in the field by section access, reduce the datamodel.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you

Jose

3 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

See the below

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5917

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi vinieme12‌, thank you for your answer, however the answers provided in the post don't solve the issue that we are working on.

The reason why we want to reduce a file by a field value selected by the user, is that we have a big-sized application that is activating macros and another actions with input fields.

In order to improve the performance, as the final files generated are reduced by the first selection of the user, we are thinking on reduce the datamodel once the user makes a first selection, so the input fields + external actions will perform very fast.

The main idea is not limit the access but reduce the size of the dashboard.

Is it possible make something similar than the authentication pop-up but by requesting to select a value from a list?

rodjager
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Jose,

As an alternate solution to using security could you try some form of dynamic data reduction.

For example, after the user selects the country they want, run a macro in the model which makes an inverse selection and runs the reduce data function.  This would remove all other country values.

Alternatively, could you create a seperate model by country.  QlikView NPrinting or Publisher can do this or it could even by achieved through some command line scripting.  You would then have a master model and once a user selects a country the related country specific model is opened.

Hope this helps.

Rod