Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quitefranklygenius
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Hidden Script

Hello good people!

I am new to Qlikview and I tried to secure my qvw file. I opened the hidden script and entered the following code:

SECTION Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD
me, me, me123
others, others, others
];

SECTION Application;

I realized the rows in ACCESS field are wrong and now I can't access my file at all.

Is there any way to do something about it?

3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Sorry to say, As far as i know in qlikview unfortunately there is not much you can do.

Qlik Sense has a trick of open without data. But i dont think that works in Qlikview

Hence it is recommended to backup a version without section access

ramasaisaksoft

Hi,

if your desktop version is like this,then you can overcome your issue &

Hope you remember your Hidden script password also.

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_0.png

You can enter into the application as a Admin i think you have full access in Section Access,else you can remove the app and create a new application.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I know of no means to recover the file given the ACCESS field has the incorrect values, be sure you review the following links before proceeding on your Section Access journey and to the point of one of the posters, always have a non-section access or commented section access version handy in case you lock yourself out of the app...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Sorry I do not have better news for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.