Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandrews87
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Personal Edition doesnt show recent documents

Hi Guys

Wonder if you can help me. We have several qlik licensed users who are connecting to our qlikview server via Qlikview desktop. The problem we encounter is that once they are connected to the application and close out of it, then re-open it does not show up under recent files. Even when the application is running and I try to add it as a favourite it does not work? Why is this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Paul, be sure the Desktop client version matches the QlikView Server version, in the 12 tracks you want to keep things in sync within the major release to ensure full compatibility.  I am guessing you may have been running latest Desktop against November 2017 QVServer, and I would suspect potential compatibility issues there.  The odd thing is the client writes those to the local Settings.ini in the user's Windows Profile path:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

It would seem the issue was not being able to update properly there for some reason, but not sure why...  Hope this may help explain things a bit better.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Personal Edition means the software is not using any license. Do you mean QlikView Desktop with local license or leased from server?

• On the other hand, how do they open their apps: File > Open In Server or locally and double click?
  • Is it a Citrix environment, remote desktop connection or otherwise shared user? 
  • Do their accounts have admin permissions on the drive where QlikView is installed?
  • Do you get any error message?
  • Does it happen to any user with any app or only under certain circumstances?
pandrews87
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Miguel

Sorry should have been more specific, they have Qlikview desktop with license leased from the Server. They are on April 19 version. There was no error message. I uninstalled the April 19 version and installed November 17 version, this seems to have resolved the issue we where having. When they launch Qlikview now it shows them their recent documents and also allows them to create favourites. 

Paul

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Paul, be sure the Desktop client version matches the QlikView Server version, in the 12 tracks you want to keep things in sync within the major release to ensure full compatibility.  I am guessing you may have been running latest Desktop against November 2017 QVServer, and I would suspect potential compatibility issues there.  The odd thing is the client writes those to the local Settings.ini in the user's Windows Profile path:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

It would seem the issue was not being able to update properly there for some reason, but not sure why...  Hope this may help explain things a bit better.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.