Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaddeonline
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Pivot table dynamic header

Hi Experts,

I have been through lot of community posts and I didn't find the solution yet for my problem.

I am trying to get the double header dynamically for pivot table in a qlikview dashboard.

Please see the below screenshot for reference.

At this moment, the above column headers are text boxes. So they are not working as I am expecting once we expanded the facility code.

So I want the dynamic header on top. These dynamic headers comes based on the year and month selected.

Can any one please help me in doing this?

Thanks and Regards

4 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

try dragging the date dimension to the upper right of the pivot table, like this:

Aufnahme_2017_05_19_09_10_15_252.gif

gaddeonline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have alredy tried that. the problem for me is dynamic dates. How do I get them from script itself?

Regards

Mahesh Gadde

Digvijay_Singh

Can you elaborate more on dynamic dates, you can use Yeartodate function in script to create a new flag field, and then calculate dimension in script to distribute values dynamically between April,2017( looks like it is max month) and YTD Apr 2017( By checking YTD flag). It would be great if you can share sample data to provide more help.

gaddeonline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Digvijay,

Thanks for your response on this post.

Dynamic Dates for me are, if i select financial year 2016/17 and month April then,

'Apr-2017' and 'Apr_YTD_2017'. so based on the selected months on the sheet, the dates will vary.

I have created couple of variables to get this results.

1. vMax_MonthYear==Max(Cal_MonthYear)

2. vMax_MonthYear_YTD=Left(Max(Cal_MonthYear),3)&'_YTD'&'_'&Right(Max(Cal_MonthYear),4)

I placed these two variables in the pivot table and dragged them to the side of columns. this is the result,

This is not what i am after. I want the results like the one in the original post.

My aim is to get these two dates under a single dimension coming from script. Can I get that?

Thanks and Regards

Mahesh Gadde