Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Selections Suggestion

Hi All,

Iam very new to Qlikview and Iam going through the tutorial pdf.

I found out that when we do multiple seletions on country ( i used the "Tutorial.qvw" ) starting in alphabetical order, then for the other listboxes, for eg Currency, Area (sq. km) the optional values are in alphabetical or ascending order irrespective of how you select the default listbox. This makes it difficult to identify and relate for which country, the currency or area belongs to ( when we do multiple selections).

This is not a problem, however because when we click any one particular value it relates correctly to the other ones.

But I feel Qlikview could have done much better, if it had arranged the values (for multiple selections)in other listboxes in the same order of which the user selects one particular listbox.

Thanks,

Barath

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Barath,

don't know the qv-tutorial, but may be this could help you:

add an expression to your currency-listbox via properties --> expressions tab --> <add>-Button :

=' (' & Country & ')'

where Country is the any Fieldname, that makes sense in this listbox, ie. the CountryName

HtH

Roland 

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

But I feel Qlikview could have done much better, if it had arranged the values (for multiple selections)in other listboxes in the same order of which the user selects one particular listbox.

Thanks,

Barath

Have you explored sorting by expression? You can control sorting by another field value or expression.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com