Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server Installation

Hi Team,

We have requirement to  install 1 Qlikview publisher and 2 QlikView Servers  for all 5 applications(5 applications should be there in both Qlikview server). 

Could you please suggest me what all perquisites for this? and best approach.

how to do the manual load balance for this 2 Qlikview servers?

Thanks

Lakshman

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The most concise explanation can be found in the QlikView Server Reference Manual. See Chapter 17 Clustering QlikView Servers for an overview with diagrams, advantages and installation instructions.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the info ..Peter Cammaert

Not applicable
Author

Apart of Cluster setup, is there any alternative for this below scenario:

We have requirement to  install 1 Qlikview publisher and 2 QlikView Servers  for all 5 applications(5 applications should be there in both Qlikview server).

Could you please suggest me what all perquisites for this? and best approach.

how to do the manual load balance for this 2 Qlikview servers?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Why would you want an alternative?

In other words: What is the problem with a clustered scenario?

As far as I can see, a cluster is by far the best (if not the only) solution to your situation.

May you live in interesting times!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What do you mean by "manual" load balance. I know about software load balance and network load balance (in a QlikView environment). Are you going to create the position of human load balancer, or do you want to assign a specific group of users to server A and another group to server B?

Only alternative I can think of (but a bad one IMHO) is split server set-up. Keep your QlikView QVS services on separate machines and publish all documents to every QVS. All configuration and management work will double. And when one server gets overloaded, there is no way to let the second automatically take over some of the load

Could you please answer Onno's question? Or tell us why you want to implement this QV architecture?

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Onno -

we already purchased qlikview server license and heard that for cluster setup we need seperate cluster license.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If you have two separate QlikView Enterprise Server licenses, I am sure they (well... we) can merge that into 1 license that allows you two nodes. This should not require any new installation, just an update of the LEF on our side (and than of course activated on your side).

You will need a server license for every server you are having and the price for 2 QlikView Enterprise Servers is (as far as I know) 100% the same as the price for a license for 2 server nodes (effectively the same).

May you live in interesting times!