Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II

Qlikview Server License Lease

Hi Experts,

Recently I have installed Qlikview Server Small Business Edition In my Local Machine with Desktop User Domain and Name.

I got 5 Named User CALs in License. Already one is assigned to me.

Next I have taken the License Lease from server and setup my Qlikview Desktop , able to open the earlier license qlivkiew files also.

Now is it possible to give the license lease to one more Machine. I mean how to assign the another Named User CAL to one more person without AD Groups. Just to use QlikView Desktop on another machine with license lease is possible or not.

Plese help on assigning one more Named User CAL.

Thanks in Advance.

15 Replies
nehasaxena
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

First check how you are identifying user. Is it user name or machine name?

Untitled.png

If its the user name, you need to make sure user is in same domain. And you have to add user name in Assigned CALs list.

Untitled1.png

Regards,

Neha

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You are asking two different questions at the same time. Every Named CAL assignment to a specific user assigns a maximum of two leases to that same person.

1. Using the second lease on a different machine? You can grab the second lease automatically by performing an Open in Server... in QV Desktop on a different machine, but you have to login to Windows using your original account (second lease cannot go to a different persone, every user needs his/her own Named CAL)
  2. Assigning a Named CAL to another person? Go to QMC->System->Setup->Licenses->QlikView Server->Assigned CALs, click the user selection icon, select a new user and copy the username to the righthand listbox, Select OK and Apply to assign the CAL. Again, this user has a maximum of two leases at his/her disposal.

Best,

Peter

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Neha,

Thanks for your Reply. I have checked System --> Licenses --> Client Access Licenses(CALS) --> General.

Its showing Username.

As I said I have installed on My local machine not in Server.

My domain is like desktop-9bo13kp\admin now to add my friend to User cal How to get

her machine information into same domain. She has only Qlikview personal edition I have to give license lease from my server.

Could you please explain the solution briefly.

USER CAL.png

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hover with your mouse pointer over the Manual Input of... input field. A tooltip will appear that describes how to add multiple users manually.

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

Could You please elaborate this point once.

but you have to login to Windows using your original account

Thanks in advance

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Check the user NTname you'd like to add who is not in AD and then enter it manually as you are doing in above image
'Manual Input of User Names'

Ex: if the user NTName is

xyz\domainxyz.com

please enter this and check with the user if it is working?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume you are using the local directory provider:

Local Directory ‒ QlikView

First create a Windows user (using the Windows OS user control) for your new user.

Then this user shall be selectable in QMC.

When the user uses 'Open in server' using the desktop client, she/he needs to input the user credentials for your computer (that's an option in the dialog).

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Two leases are always assigned to the same Windows account. So if you want to get hold of the second lease on a different machine, you'll have to login first as desktop-9bo13kp\admin.  Not possible? Indeed, but that's how it works.

You may think that Open in server... offers an escape because you can use a different Windows account to get in touch with the QVS. But the lease will be gone as soon as you run QV Desktop as a different user...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Peter Cammaert wrote:

You may think that Open in server... offers an escape because you can use a different Windows account to get in touch with the QVS. But the lease will be gone as soon as you run QV Desktop as a different user...

Hi Peter,

are you sure about the last statement? That's how I got a license several times.