Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VishalSingh18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Server

Hello,

I have recently started development in qlikview and now I want to publish the dashboard which was developed on my machine in qlikview to QMS which is installed on a different machine to which I can access remotely

So how can I publish it to server?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The first thing I am going to recommend is training course, the QlikView Server Publisher course, here is the link to details on that:

https://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/qlikview-training

That being said, in the QlikView Management Console (QMC), you will find a Help link on each page which provides context sensitive help for items on that page.  You did not say if you have a Publisher license or not, so I am assuming no, so the thing you need to do is copy the app from its current location to the QlikView Server (QVS) machine and place it in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents directory, this is the default location of the QVS Root Folder path, so unless you changed things, that is where it will be.  That will allow the QVS to see the app and display it in the AccessPoint web page.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The first thing I am going to recommend is training course, the QlikView Server Publisher course, here is the link to details on that:

https://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/qlikview-training

That being said, in the QlikView Management Console (QMC), you will find a Help link on each page which provides context sensitive help for items on that page.  You did not say if you have a Publisher license or not, so I am assuming no, so the thing you need to do is copy the app from its current location to the QlikView Server (QVS) machine and place it in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents directory, this is the default location of the QVS Root Folder path, so unless you changed things, that is where it will be.  That will allow the QVS to see the app and display it in the AccessPoint web page.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
VishalSingh18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found the way to workaround the qmc problem and see apps using VPN on access point, and I have been through some training but I will surely go through training in the link too

thanks for your response