Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview Straight Table: filter data by row and column

When I click on a row within a straight table (as below) I get the row dimension added to my 'Current Selections'. This is great 99% of the time. However, I have a need to provide filtered results based off both the row dimension AND the column dimension.

Example of my need:  If I click on 'Numeric Value 1' in the table below my 'Current Selections' box would update with 'Country A'. I would like to have 'Current Selections' update with BOTH 'Country A' and 'Sales Pipeline Status A', so that my adjoining tables have both filters applied to them. Note: 'Sales Pipeline Status A' is a valid field in my database table, not just the 'Label' name for my column header.

Example Table (note: 'Sales Pipeline Status A' and 'Sales Pipeline Status B' are database fields available in my internal QV tables:

CountrySales Pipeline Status ASales Pipeline Status B
Country ANumeric Value 1Numeric Value 2
Country BNumeric Value 3Numeric Value 4
Country C ....Numeric Value 5Numeric Value 6

Can somebody explain how I can do this please, if this is indeed possible?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

2 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Are the Status columns represented as dimensions or expressions ?  only dimensions will get added to current selections in a straight table.  Qlik doesn't know if you clicked on expression1 cell or expression2 cell so no way to pass that into current selects (to my knowledge)

But in a PIVOT table , the column header values can be a dimension and a cell selcetion would apply both the row values and column values to the respective dimensions in the  current selections.

So....can you use a pivot table ?

Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Jonathan, I'll try your pivot table approach. This makes sense. Thanks for the recommendation.