Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview app not working as expected after moving to Microsoft Azure Cloud Env....???

Hi All, 

My Qlikview app generates Excel files by using  Execute statements in the script, which is working fine in normal servers, but we recently migrated the Qlikview Setup to Microsoft Azure Cloud environment, where it is not generating the excel in the mentioned location...

Please mention the possible reasons for this.

Some more information :  Normal Server Qv version is 11.20  whereas the Qv in the Cloud is 12.30...

Thanks Much in advance...

Best Regards,

Dhasharadh.

2 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Dhasharadh,

When you reload your QVW in Qlikview Desktop, I would recommend you go to Settings > Document Settings > enable the checkbox "Generate logfile", this will produce a document log when your QVW gets reloaded in the same location as the QVW.  If you already have this checked and see a document log, can you share the error you're seeing in the log?

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support 

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The most likely cause of this is going to be that we do not have access to that location from Azure would be my best hunch on this one.  Are the paths being used in UNC format, or drive letter etc.?  If the actual file server is not in the Azure environment, that may prove to be a problem, but one possible solution could be in that case to add a host file entry on the server with the servername and IP address, so it can get to that file server etc.  That is about the best I have with the information you provided, hopefully it helps if you are still trying to sort things out.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.