Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview chart: adding a forecast manually

Dear all,

I have been struggling with the problem mentioned below for the last couple of days and after spending hours searching through the internet I decided to create my own thread.

Below you can find a chart (Quantity) which shows the sum of the quantity of materials bought in a year (on monthly basis). Unfortunately we buy our materials on a irregular basis which can be seen below (full accumulation).  The red line should show the the Demand for that year (see excel below).

All I would like is a very simple diagonal line (demand) throughout the year, since I ave set the option to show all values (including 0) I cannot seem to achieve the diagonal line with the demand (ie. Demand = 120, Jan = 10, Feb = 20 Mar = 30 etc.). 

Does anyone know how I can get a diagonal line?  The forecast total is done on a yearly basis and is divided by 12 in each month.

Appreciate all the help I can get one this!!!!

Kind regards,

Neil

capture quantity.JPG

Material

Demand 2015

Demand 2015 maand (=Demand 2015/12)

Capture excel.JPG

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe just add records for each month / material in your data model that describes the demand:

TMP:

LOAD Material, Demand2015 / 12 as MonthlyDemand

FROM YourDemandTable;

JOIN (TMP)

LOAD Month(Makedate(2015,recno())) as Month

AUTOGENERATE 12;

CONCATENATE (YourFactTable)

LOAD * RESIDENT TMP;

DROP TABLE TMP;

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Neil,

See if this fits the bill. Enter your annual forecast into the Input box.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Dear Andrew,

First of all, thank you for your efforts! I had a shot at swuehls solution but most likely due to my lack of knowledge in excel/Qlikview I have not been successfull.

I tried your solution Andrew (seems quite simple) but again it doesnt work, I copied the expression (and changed the field to [Demand 2015] but the line still isnt showing show.  What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate the help guys!

Capture new qv.JPG

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Neil,

Your expression looks a bit odd. Change the name of your variable to vDemand2015. Don't use spaces and the v prefix is good practice to identify this as a variable.  Edit the expression to read RowNo()*$(vDemand2015)/12, no square brackets.

Make sure a value is assigned to the variable (using an inputbox is the obvious wayto do so) and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Regards