Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview export current selections

Hi All,

Hope you are doing good!

We just wanted to confirm one thing about Qlikview current selections. Is it possible to export the current selections to CSV file or similar.

I heard that we can achieve it by using Macros. But is there any other work around/solutions apart from Macros.

Have a nice Day!

Thanks,

Sagar Kharpude

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

I dont see any problem here (or i missunderstood you)

1. Create Current selections Box object,

2. Check Icon options: Copy Data, Send to Excel

Best Regards

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Zhandos,

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually I want to export the current selections when we export any chart/table to excel. So Current selections should go along with the data to excel. It's possible with macros. But is there any other way apart from macros.

Thanks,
Sagar Kharpude
Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

I think only one way do it without using macros is using 

=GetCurrentSelections() function as calculated dimension and place it at first column. For example, you can use pivot table and drag Curr.Selections column at top of table as horizontal dimension (pivotting).

So you get Curr.selections at table header aswell as Exported XLS:

cs.png

Hope it helps

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey guys, may have found a solution for you:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000034492

The article does include instructions for both QVServer and Desktop/Developer client.  I learned something new as well, did not realize we had the 'text' one, the only two that show in the User Preferences for Desktop/Developer are HTML and BIFF, so you guys forced me to pick up a new item a well! 🙂  Funny how no matter how long you work somewhere, there is always something new lurking!  Hopefully this will work for you.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.