Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview for Developers -stuck on page 318, Crosstable solo exercise

Has anyone who read the book been able to solve the .qvd solo exercise?  I keep winding up with orphans....

This is what I put in, based on the instructions

This is what my table view looks like...

Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Camila,

This issue comes up when loading crosstables from QVDs if the load is optimized (i.e. no data manipulation besides the Crosstable transformation). To avoid this, simple put the following Where clause at the end of the load statement:

Where 1;

This will always evaluate to true and no row filtering will take place. After adding this, the load will no longer be optimized and hence no orphans will be created.

PS: seems like a bug to me, but not sure why this hasn't been fixed. Original solution posted here (in 2010): http://community.qlik.com/message/604998#604998

Miguel García

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Colin-Albert

Can you show the rest of your load script.  The "from" line is missing.

richard_simpson
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Camilla

Could you show your full statement please?

There may be an issue with the syntax at the end of the statement which explains why all the fields are appearing as orphans....

Thanks

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Camila,

This issue comes up when loading crosstables from QVDs if the load is optimized (i.e. no data manipulation besides the Crosstable transformation). To avoid this, simple put the following Where clause at the end of the load statement:

Where 1;

This will always evaluate to true and no row filtering will take place. After adding this, the load will no longer be optimized and hence no orphans will be created.

PS: seems like a bug to me, but not sure why this hasn't been fixed. Original solution posted here (in 2010): http://community.qlik.com/message/604998#604998

Miguel García

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Miguel!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the book, by the way.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to everyone for their help! Miguel's solution "where 1=1" worked like a charm

Not applicable
Author

Miguel got me straightened out. Thanks anyway!

Not applicable
Author

It's funny you say that because I am the champ at forgetting commas and semicolons!

Miguel gave me an answer and I'm all set. Thanks so much.