Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview free download

Hi,

I've just downloaded the free version of qlikview but if I try to load excel files into the free version it doesn't work and I can't go to the second passage. Please help me.

Best Regards

Cristina from Italy

8 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Could you please explain what you have done so far and/or show the script you created to load the XLS?

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

HI, thanks for the answer.

So I downoloaded the free version of qlikview 12

I open it.; I clicked new document. In "create a new document it asked me to choose a file. I tryed to loaded an existing excel file (mine) and I tryed too to create a new excel file. I charged it but when I click to "Insert Data" it doesn't work. There isn't an error message but it change the route file from mine (C:\CrC\RISFOR\Misurazione Empowerment\A_MAZZI\ANALISI DATI 21-05-2016\CLIQVIEW\CRI.xlsx) to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Data\Sales Orders.xls . If I click again to "Insert data" there is no action without error message

I hope you understand the problem: sorry for my english.

Best regards

Cristina

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Cristina,

can you upload your qvw and the excel data file for investigation please?

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy can you please tell me how? Here in this box I can only upload pic: I tryed to put screenshot images (jpg and png size 100kb) and it doesn't work (the error message is "That image type is forbidden")

Cristina

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Might be the reason is QV12, Try to download 11 and then try ...

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Cristina,

I never use the wizard.  I suggest that you close the wizard after clicking 'New Document' and that you first save your document.  Then, open the script editor 'Edit Script' and select the 'Field Data' button.

First, make sure to select 'Force 32 bit' and 'Relative Path'.  You can now start uploading your XLS files.

Hope it helps.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Cristina,

no problem, use the advance editor

then use the attach option.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your helpful message! I tryed but maybe it's better form me to download the QV11. I'm not able.

bye

Cristina