Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview has stopped working error after installation

I just installed version 12 SR1 on my new windows 10 PC and I get this error when I attempt to open the application.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Deva,

It ended up being an issue with my computers settings. We had to set an exception for qlik in Windows Defender since it was blocking the application.

I didn't get a chance to try your method before the exception was made but I appreciate your efforts!

Thanks

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try one more time, May be loaded / burden to RAM due to opened many applications.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

I've tried several times and nothing has worked so far. I uninstalled from my machine and installed the Windows8 and up version and I'm still receiving the same error.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

How you did? can you share your installations log files or steps screen images?

also try to download latest qlikview 12.SR10 version using your support portal ID and make sure download correct install setup file like below version for win 10

QlikviewDesktop_Win8andUp.exe

or

QlikviewDesktop_Win10andUp.exe

also not if any older qlik versions installed in your machine and another version you can install the same machine

also try one more time,

Clean Qlik desktop from your machine

uninstall it. remove all qlik related files, folders , remove qlik from your registry

and then restart your machine and fresh install it again

http://go.qlikview.com/rs/qliktech/images/Downloading_and_Starting_the_QlikView_Desktop_Installation...

Thanks, Deva

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe give 12.00SR5 a try? Or 12.10SR3? Those are the latest versions. They include quite a few bug fixes.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Deva,

I've attached my installation log file to the original post. I followed your steps for a clean install of Qlik on my machine by removing all related files/folders/registries.

I downloaded the latest qlikview v12.10 SR4 but I don't see any Win10 and Up options.

Thanks,

Mike

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi Mike,

found below Setup Error:

Property(C): IS_PREVENT_DOWNGRADE_EXIT = A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer. If you wish to install this version, please uninstall the newer version first. Click OK to exit the wizard.

Try to do below steps:

1) after installation try to reboot and try to re-open qlikview

2) if Step 1 not working, then help to remove all the existing installation  from your machine and try to re-install it.

Regards,

Deva

Not applicable
Author

Hey Deva,

I uninstalled and removed all files/folders/registries then reinstalled the latest version qlikview desktop v12.10 SR4.

I reinstalled then rebooted and tried to open qlikview. It opened but if I try to create a new document or open an existing document I get the original error dialog.

I found the same IS_PREVENT_DOWNGRADE_EXIT message in the log file. Since I'm installing the newest version I'm not sure why I'm receiving this message.

Thanks,

Mike

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

for windows 10 will support --> Windows 8 and up version

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

HI,

I reinstalled then rebooted and tried to open qlikview. It opened but if I try to create a new document or open an existing document I get the original error dialog.

can you help me to send the latest log file and screen shot image of error dialog message?

mean time try to  log ticket with Qlik Support.

Regards, deva