Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatihtomruk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview in Listbox diable some of its member

Hi,

I have a trouble with listbox. I have a listbox which consists of Mounths. In my excel files, there are 12 months but I want to make disable last 6 mounth(july, august...) I dont want to select last 6 mounts. can you help me?

thanx in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Several ways could be there depending on your data and dynamicity you want in the expression. The static and logically simple one could be like:

=If(Match(MonthField, 'Jan', 'Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'May', 'Jun'), MonthField)   -// this would work even if your month values are texts

if your values are duals, you could optimize the expression may be using a comparative like:

=If( MonthField<7, MonthField)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is Month a dual field in your application? Can you share a sample application with your expected output?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can u explain more?

There is option in properties

hide excluded   u can chk that option

or else

fatihtomruk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have attached a file. There is a "Month" listbox. Excel file has 12 months but I want to see the first 6 months. I want to disable the last 6 month or hide even. Is it possible?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Several ways could be there depending on your data and dynamicity you want in the expression. The static and logically simple one could be like:

=If(Match(MonthField, 'Jan', 'Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'May', 'Jun'), MonthField)   -// this would work even if your month values are texts

if your values are duals, you could optimize the expression may be using a comparative like:

=If( MonthField<7, MonthField)

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

If your month field is dual, you can just use the below expression in the ListBox..

=if(Month<=6,Month)

Capture.JPG

fatihtomruk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

my values was text, so first formula worked.

Thank you tresesco

Your answer is also correct but my values wasn't dual. Thank you so much settu_periasamy