Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxronny
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview licensed: file.qvw on website

dear all,

i have a question: my company bought the licences for the desktop version but not for the server version. my desire would be sharing the qvw documents on a website for all collegues of the company. does kliq offer some solutions without buying the server license?

anyone had the same problem and solved it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You will not be able to host the qvw apps in a qlik provided environment without a server. You are however free to post your qvw file to any web company web site, portal or file share that you like. Everyone with access to that file location will be able to access and or download the qvw and open it up in their own licensed qlikview desktop.

An alternative to QlikView desktop if you want to avoid hosting a server is to consider an migration to Qlik Sense. Qlik offers  Qlik Cloud that will give you and your co workers access to qlik sense without hosting a server your self. In qlik Sense you are able to share apps between different users. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You will not be able to host the qvw apps in a qlik provided environment without a server. You are however free to post your qvw file to any web company web site, portal or file share that you like. Everyone with access to that file location will be able to access and or download the qvw and open it up in their own licensed qlikview desktop.

An alternative to QlikView desktop if you want to avoid hosting a server is to consider an migration to Qlik Sense. Qlik offers  Qlik Cloud that will give you and your co workers access to qlik sense without hosting a server your self. In qlik Sense you are able to share apps between different users.