Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview not responding on cumulative calculation

Hi all,

I am new to qlikview,When i am using the following expression on my straight table expression

RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Column(1) - Column(2),0,NoOfRows(TOTAL)))

I am getting an error like the image below and qlikview hangs, i have to close it and reopen.

Screenshot_1.png

Can anyone please help me in solving this issue.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, breakdown your expression in steps and check where it's going wrong, what is your data size and RAM ?

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

How big is your data set?

Did you try to use less data?

Are you connecting to many sources?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Navdeep,

Thanks for the reply. I have taken the data from database and stored it in qvd. Now from QVD I am using the data. And my RAM is 6GB.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind can you please tell me how to check the data set size. If you mean the qvd size then my  all qvd size is 2.3MB only.

No am not connecting to many sources. If its because of RAM, then I have checked in my task manager under performance it is using only 2GB RAM, and my RAM size is 6GB.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, try this one

RangeSum(Above((Sum(Col1)-Sum(Col2)),0,RowNo())) / (Sum(total Col1)-Sum(total Col2))

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Try kumar expression and if the file will still not responding  attached it here so we can look at it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have tried that expression but now the qlikview is not hanging but I am not getting any value only blank rows are there no value.

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Millin ,

try to reduce u r data using where condition (like Book Date >20150101/City='Delhi')and then load .

if u get the result then it is data issue or else attach u r document we will help to u