Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

Qlikview server Installation path

Dear QV Support Team -

I have installed QV enterprise edition (2 node) qlikview view in C:\ successfully, but i need to change the installation driver to D:\. Do i need to reinstall pointing the installation to D:\ or i can move the C:\Program Data\QlikTech directory to D:\

Are they issues that may occur if my installation drive is D:\. Any configuration files needs to be changed. 

I have EDX as well running in C:\.

Also, for desktop client which is default to C:\...\..Appdata\Local\QlikTech\Qlikview\Buffers.

Also, for desktop client which is default to C:\...\..Appdata\Roaming\QlikTech\Qlikview\

Do i need to change the desktop userpreferences to D:\ as well.

Please suggest. 

Rgds,

Sean.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'll have to reinstall Qlikview Server to make sure all the path references in the configurations files are correct and all the registry entries are correct.

The Qlikview Desktop settings are stored in the AppData folder of the user. That folder is always on the C: drive in the users profile. You can't move that directory to the 😧 drive.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can configure some things in the QMC like the Root directory and log directory settings point to folders outside C:\ProgramData\QlikTech.  But I don't think you can make your Qlikview installation entirely independent of the ProgramData folder. And I'm pretty sure that you won't be getting any support anymore from Qlik for such an environment if you do manage to get it working.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'll have to reinstall Qlikview Server to make sure all the path references in the configurations files are correct and all the registry entries are correct.

The Qlikview Desktop settings are stored in the AppData folder of the user. That folder is always on the C: drive in the users profile. You can't move that directory to the 😧 drive.

Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your quick response. 

One last question. I've reinstalled the qlikview server in D:\Program Files\QlikView\ directory.

How about QlikTech folder. It is default mapped to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech. If I change this to D:\ by editing the location of all the qlikview components in .ext.config files, will  it create any problem. 

Appreciate you early response.

Rgds,

Sean.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can configure some things in the QMC like the Root directory and log directory settings point to folders outside C:\ProgramData\QlikTech.  But I don't think you can make your Qlikview installation entirely independent of the ProgramData folder. And I'm pretty sure that you won't be getting any support anymore from Qlik for such an environment if you do manage to get it working.