Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview via Hbase

Hi all,

How to connect big data to qlikview via Hbase. Please help.

Thanks.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Can u give a brief explanation.

Not applicable
Author

Can anyone help

Not applicable
Author

Remya,

Try this link Connecting BigData to QlikView Via HBase | Bird's Eye View

Connecting BigData to QlikView Via HBase

Over the last few weeks, we’ve been putting together something that we think is really exciting: A connector to import data directly from HBase into QlikView 11.  Organizations that store massive amounts of data (aka “Big Data”) now have an easy way of retrieving that data and leveraging the power of QlikView’s Business Intelligence tools to analyze it without having to write code.

If you’ve heard enough, drop us a line at info@branchbird.com.  To learn more, keep reading!

Once you’ve installed our connector into your QlikView instance, we allow you to connect to your HBase instance, browse your tables and import your data.  For example, I might have an HBase cluster with a series of tables, two of which are employees and salaries.  I can go into QlikView and Select “QVHbaseConnector” and click “Browse HBase Tables:”

The connector prompts me for the location of my HBase instance and a port that is running Thrift (which comes installed by default with popular Hadoop distributions like Cloudera’s CDH4):

It then queries the HBase cluster for the tables it contains and allows the user to pick and choose the entities they want to extract:

The connector performs introspection to determine the attribution of your tables, a preceding load statement is generated in the QlikView editor and you are ready to start loading/working/visualizing your data!

This is a really simple example of what you can do, but we’ve done a whole lot more  in terms of timestamping, row versioning, server-side filtering, security, etc. that is supported through the full version of the connector.

Let us know what you think and if you’d like to take it for a spin at info@branchbird.com.

Thanks!

This entry was posted in BigData

, Connectors

, Integration

, QlikView

by Patrick

. Bookmark the permalink

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I already read this. But what am asking is they mentioned

"Once you’ve installed our connector into your QlikView instance, we allow you to connect to your HBase instance, browse your tables and import your data."

where i can get the connector? there is no download link in this Connecting BigData to QlikView Via HBase | Bird's Eye View.