Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview vs Qlik Sense Sales Formula

I am new but can't understand why I can get these formulas to work in Qlik Sense but not in a Qlikview straight table:

Estimated Shipments:

(((Sum(MTD_Sales_Pounds)/Sum(Forecast_Sales_Pounds))-(Avg(Ship_Days_Factor)/[Fiscal_Period_Reporting_Ship_Days]))*Sum(Forecast_Sales_Pounds)*(Fiscal_Period_Reporting_Ship_Days+Fiscal_Period_Reporting_Ship_Days-Avg(Ship_Days_Factor))/Fiscal_Period_Reporting_Ship_Days)+sum(Forecast_Sales_Pounds)

and

Over/Under Forecast:

((((Sum(MTD_Sales_Pounds)/Sum(Forecast_Sales_Pounds))-(Avg(Ship_Days_Factor)/[Fiscal_Period_Reporting_Ship_Days]))*Sum(Forecast_Sales_Pounds)*(Fiscal_Period_Reporting_Ship_Days+Fiscal_Period_Reporting_Ship_Days-Avg(Ship_Days_Factor))/Fiscal_Period_Reporting_Ship_Days)+sum(Forecast_Sales_Pounds))-Sum(Forecast_Sales_Pounds)

The way the formula is written is from Qlik Sense and it provides the correct information. I need the same formula to work in Qlikview, please help!

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What do you mean with: It doesn't work in QlikView. You get no results, wrong results, QV crashes?

Are you using the same context (for example, same dimensions and selections) in both QV and QS?

Data model is exactely the same?

One possible issue could be that you are not using aggregation functions on all field references:

Use Aggregation Functions!

If possible, post a small sample QVW that demonstrates your issue, please.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What do you mean with: It doesn't work in QlikView. You get no results, wrong results, QV crashes?

Are you using the same context (for example, same dimensions and selections) in both QV and QS?

Data model is exactely the same?

One possible issue could be that you are not using aggregation functions on all field references:

Use Aggregation Functions!

If possible, post a small sample QVW that demonstrates your issue, please.

Not applicable
Author

Swuehl,

It was not returning any data. The issue was as you mentioned. Very well indeed. I was able to find that I had not used the same data parameter. All the other items you listed above were the same, but the aggregation wasn't correct because of my date field.

Thank you!