Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdariano
Contributor
Contributor

Qonnections 2019

Hello all,

I am looking for some input from prior Qonnections attendees. I am considering attending this years Qonnections in May, but I wanted to get some input first. I am looking mostly for training, and I see that there is some training, and certifications offered at the conference. In your opinion, is Qonnections a good use of time and money? Would I be better off getting training elsewhere? I'm looking mostly for training on QlikView and QlikSense, but I am also interested in seeing what else Qlik offers to see how it can be leveraged at work.

Any input is appreciated. 

Labels (3)
5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you are looking strictly for training, I would not recommend Qonnections as the best use of your time.  However as to your second item

• "but I am also interested in seeing what else Qlik offers to see how it can be leveraged at work"

Qonnections is probably the best place to discover what Qlik the company and the greater Qlik ecosystem has to offer and find some stimulating ideas for what is possible and learn where Qlik is heading. 

-Rob
http://masterssummit.com
http://qlikviewcookbook.com
http://www.easyqlik.com

jdariano
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the input Rob. That's helpful.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello @jdariano  - thanks for your question.

In short - think of Qonnections as your initiation into the Qlik family. As someone who has attended 7 Qonnections - 1 as a Qlik partner and 6 as a Qlik employee, I feel it is hands down, a great opportunity to network with like minded peers, partners and Qlik employees. Besides all the great sessions, workshops, entertainment, networking events and even the Discovery Expo - I can guarantee - you will be satisfied in some form or fashion and have a great time.  For me - my favorite moments are just talking and listening to the customers and partners and networking with my Qlik family. Of course there is a mix of feelings regarding certain topics and course availability -  but those are subjective to current and past experiences. However, there is always someone to talk to, someone that will listen and someone to follow up and take action. 

Our sessions / workshops are presented by top tier partners, customers and Qlik employees that keep them fun and engaging. I have presented at a number of them as well, with standing room only.  (As an example this year I am presenting - Set Analysis for Beginners - as it as a very powerful capability that can be misunderstood if one tackles it on their own.)  In addition to the motivational special guest speakers, key notes and even previews of current and forthcoming technology, you also get to just take in the beautiful venue  it is held in. 

Sorry to be long winded - but I am very passionate about this event and look forward to it every year. It is a great way to get your feet wet (training wise), a way to learn how you can continue your training and way to establish new relationships with your peers. (Oh and the last night bash is always an awesome time too!)

Take a look at the Qonnections Sessions we are offering and be sure to register soon, as they fill up quickly.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Duval
Employee
Employee

Qonnections is a perfect time to obtain training with many hands-on workshops and certifications offered.  QlikView, Qlik Sense and other topics like AI, ML, cloud, data literacy, scripting, etc will be covered in sessions. In addition, it is a great opportunity to talk with the experts in person and network with Qlik, customer, and partner attendees. Sessions are available now at qlikqonnections.com for favoriting and the schedule will be published next week.

mahtinensol
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @jdariano,

I look Qlik Qonnections from partners perspective. This yearly event is great opportunity to extend your knowledge e.g

• To have insights and best practices from other Qlikkies
  • To get familiar of Qlik tools you may not be familiar with
  • To discuss with people internationally and hear what kind of Qlik solution they have done and what kind of experiences they have had
  • To know what latest and greatest product updates are and how the product roadmap will be

Qonnections sessions and workshops offers wide range of technical sessions. For me many of them has been very helpful and each year I got a lot of take-ways and new ideas.

Another great thing is networking in this great ecosystem. You may also want to check what other additional Qlik technology partners can offer to integrate to Qlik solution, like for example in arena of data lineage , budgeting and planning and data management and  so on.

Best regards,

Mika Ahtinen