Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anushahegde
Contributor III
Contributor III

Quarter Year Calculated dimension

Hi all,

I'm working on a qlikview application.I have a dimension called Quarter Year(Q1 2019, Q4 2018, Q3 2018 so on). There is bar chart which uses Quarter year as dimension. There is a filter month year(Apr 2018, Oct 2017 so on). 

If I select month year as Apr 2018, then the quarter year dimension should display as Q2 2018. Suppose if I select May 2018, then the quarter year dimension should display as Q2 2018*. The start indicates the quarter is not complete. Means, the data is getting displayed for May and June(April not included).

How can I achieve this?

Note: we are not supposed to use calculated dimension in the front end. This logic should be done in the scripting and use the dimension directly in the front end.

Regards

Anusha L Hegde

Labels (2)
3 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

@anushahegde wrote:

If I select month year as Apr 2018, then the quarter year dimension should display as Q2 2018. Suppose if I select May 2018, then the quarter year dimension should display as Q2 2018*. The start indicates the quarter is not complete. Means, the data is getting displayed for May and June(April not included).

I am not able to understand this part , can you please explain . It will be easier in front end still if you can describe the above it will be easier to help.

-Pradosh

Learning never stops.
anushahegde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Pradosh,

In the filter, if I select Feb 2019, then in the bar chart, I want to display the dimension(Quarter Year) like this:
Q1 2019*, Q4 2018,Q3 2018 so on..
there should be a * next to Q1 2019 because I have selected Feb 2019. The Q1 is incomplete. The bar chart will display the sum of sales for feb and march. Jan is not included. So it should display *.

If I select Dec 2018 in the filter then in the bar chart, I want to display the dimension(Quarter Year) like this:
Q1 2019, Q4 2018*,Q3 2018 so on..
now the star comes for Q4 2018 beacuse Q4 2018 is incomplete. It shows the sales only for december(not for oct and nov in the Q4). If I select oct 2018 from the filter, then

Q1 2019, Q4 2018, Q3 2018 so on.. (no star is required).
Hope it is clear.

Regards
Anusha
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi Anusha,

When you select feb 2019 you will only see the feb data is n't  it ? It will be the same for all the month due to qlik's associative property .

If we don't go to the technicality then too it will be very hard to do that in the script as the label changes with selection and you can't really control that from the script.

I would say may be use getfieldselections() or something similar in the dimension to get this, Not sure this can be done in the script only.

-Pradosh

Learning never stops.