Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Quarter Year Calculated dimension

Hi all,

I'm working on a qlikview application.I have a dimension called Quarter Year(Q1 2019, Q4 2018, Q3 2018 so on). There is bar chart which uses Quarter year as dimension. There is a filter month year(Apr 2018, Oct 2017 so on). 

If I select month year as Apr 2018, then the quarter year dimension should display as Q2 2018. Suppose if I select May 2018, then the quarter year dimension should display as Q2 2018*. The start indicates the quarter is not complete. Means, the data is getting displayed for May and June(April not included).

How can I achieve this?

Note: we are not supposed to use calculated dimension in the front end. This logic should be done in the scripting and use the dimension directly in the front end.

Regards

Anusha L Hegde

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Master II
Master II

@anushahegde wrote:

If I select month year as Apr 2018, then the quarter year dimension should display as Q2 2018. Suppose if I select May 2018, then the quarter year dimension should display as Q2 2018*. The start indicates the quarter is not complete. Means, the data is getting displayed for May and June(April not included).

I am not able to understand this part , can you please explain . It will be easier in front end still if you can describe the above it will be easier to help.

-Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Pradosh,

In the filter, if I select Feb 2019, then in the bar chart, I want to display the dimension(Quarter Year) like this:
Q1 2019*, Q4 2018,Q3 2018 so on..
there should be a * next to Q1 2019 because I have selected Feb 2019. The Q1 is incomplete. The bar chart will display the sum of sales for feb and march. Jan is not included. So it should display *.

If I select Dec 2018 in the filter then in the bar chart, I want to display the dimension(Quarter Year) like this:
Q1 2019, Q4 2018*,Q3 2018 so on..
now the star comes for Q4 2018 beacuse Q4 2018 is incomplete. It shows the sales only for december(not for oct and nov in the Q4). If I select oct 2018 from the filter, then

Q1 2019, Q4 2018, Q3 2018 so on.. (no star is required).
Hope it is clear.

Regards
Anusha
Highlighted
Master II
Master II

Hi Anusha,

When you select feb 2019 you will only see the feb data is n't  it ? It will be the same for all the month due to qlik's associative property .

If we don't go to the technicality then too it will be very hard to do that in the script as the label changes with selection and you can't really control that from the script.

I would say may be use getfieldselections() or something similar in the dimension to get this, Not sure this can be done in the script only.

-Pradosh

Learning never stops.