Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.
I am trying to create a new report from IFS history logging tables and am being driven nuts by a weired problem.
I have created 2 queries to extract data from 2 tables. One of them works perfectly and gets 75k lines of data.
The other one (below) always returns 0 lines.Both are on the same tab, using the same connection to Oracle.
If I run the query in SQL developer, it works and returns a few thousand lines, but the same sql script (copy/paste) returns 0 in QV
WHY?? Have shuffled the order of fields about, have tried select *
Does anything stand out as being wrong in this script?
Has anyone else seen this and know why it does it?
LOG_ID, USERNAME,MODULE,LU_NAME, TABLE_NAME, HISTORY_TYPE ;SQL
select LOG_ID, USERNAME, MODULE, LU_NAME, TABLE_NAME, HISTORY_TYPE , TRANSACTION_ID from IFSAPP.history_log;
I tried every variation I could thnk of and nothing worked until suddenly, after re-using the wizard to generate the query, it started to return data.
Not sure what previous action it was that did it, as by then I had tried so many things but it is now working and returning data.
Sometimes if you copy a connection string from one model to another, the scrambled username and password are no longer correctl y encrypted. Regenerating the connection string fixes the problem as you saw.
Thanks for that. Strange thing was that there were 2 queries in the original. One returned data, the other didn't but they both used the same connection string.
I tried swapping them over to see if was the order that caused it. Same thing
I tried deleting and recreating the failing one. Same problem.
I could run both queries from SQL Developer and both returned data but one returned 0 records every time in QV. No error.. just no data!!
Then after days of frustration, I must have done something different and it just worked.. Problem was that by then I had tried so much I had almost given up on it.. then it started returning data.