Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about Histogram when the bin width is open

Hi folks, evening!

I am new using QlikView and I need to create a Histogram with the follows bins;

[2,291]
(291,581]
(581,871]
(871,1161]
(1161,1451]
(1451,1741]
(1741,2031]
(2031,2321]
(2321,2611]
>2611

I am working with this open amplitude because of the nature of my data.

I am attaching an image of the Histogram on Excel as a guide.  On excel I had 10 bins and a bin width of 290 approximately.

Could you give some help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Jaime,

Need sample data for this. Otherwise, you can refer here Recipe for a Histogram

or refer here Re: How to do a histogram?

Siva

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Jaime,

Need sample data for this. Otherwise, you can refer here Recipe for a Histogram

or refer here Re: How to do a histogram?

Siva

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This excel image showing simple Bar Chart with Continuous option from axes Tab. Here, when you talk about Histogram you may attach sample data or Follow the first link which Siva shared

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

Thank you, I am following you. Regarding the first link which Siva shared, If on Excel my bin width is 290, is this the number that I need type in the input box in the step number 2 of this link?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Siva.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Even, If you write or enter the Value it will change once you used the same variable for formula in Bar Chart

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful