Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about colors in chart

Hello,

At the tab Colors (Chart Properties) is the option 'persistent colors'.

If I do not use this option my chart looks as folow and the colors are according default data appearance color 1-6.

optie niet aangevinkt.gif

If I use the option my  Chart looks as follows and the colors colors are not according data appearance color 1-6.

Even one color pops up twice (first and last in chart).

optie wel aangevinkt.gif

Questions:

1. Why if I use the option 'persistent colors' the colors are not according to the default data appearance color 1-6.

2. How to handle that the colors are according to the default data appearance color 1-6, or how can I ssign colors.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Gerrit

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

"This might lead to colors repeating even if there are fewer values than the size of the color palette."

So in that case persistent colour wouldnt be very helpful, or is there a way to avoid such thing?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

I want to assign always the same colour to each attribute within a dimension;

Imagine I have 100 attributes in the dimension (AA). When I use the dimension in a graph, Qlikview shows different colours for each attribute automatically (by selecting the multicolored option). I can mark these colours as persistents for the next graphs. (I haven't had any problem with that)

The point is that I only want to analyze 2 attributes, with 2 different expressions in a graph. In so doing, QlikView assigns the first two colours of the scale (blue and red), in stead of those used before for this two attributes.

For resolving this issue, I have created a .xlsx where I've specified the name of the attribute and its GRB colour (xx,xx,xx). (I actually don't know if i can do it this way)

I really appreciate any information you may provide.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Pedro.