Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renovero
Creator
Creator

Question to save the file not to open it

Hello,

I have problem with one person of company workers. When she access to her qlikview document via www, she has got a Windows question about warring about security, and the question if she wants to open the file or to save the file.
When I chose to open or save, nothing is moving on, nothing happens.
I have never occurred that problem on none of my colleagues, all of ~100 users are OK, and all good, the application in theirs case, just open, without any question because opening the qlik file from link is not about downloading or opening a file, just showing it in with Qlik OCX Control plugin.
I have reinstalled it 2 times, and nothing has moved on.
I tried to turn security IE to the lowest point, but this didn't help.

Will, you please give me a tip, where to look, on which options, from windows, or Qlik or whatever, what could I do or check?

I have added the question as attachment.

QlikVersion 12.10 SR7

Labels (6)
7 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure but if I remember correctly it's caused from a failure in the authentication which could happens if the traffic goes over a proxy or certain ports are blocked or other security settings. If you searched here in the community (maybe with a dertour over google) you should find various postings to it.

- Marcus

renovero
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,
I have been doing research here on qlik community forum, and on google too, but if you will search keywords like "save" or "open" + qlik + security or download, all results will be about saving documents of qlik, not about unnecessary problem with asking about save on access via link 😞

About Your response, it is a problem on her computer, because when I will log in with her link, everything is OK, and her colleagues also can log in with her link. The problem is present only on her own computer, and I wonder, what kind of options i have to check and change.

marcus_sommer

By a quick search I also found nothing suitable but I know that I have already seen this kind of error but at the moment I don't remember when and where and in which context and therefore it won't be easy to find them.

Beside this try to rule out some possibilities by trying it on a different machine and from a different user to find out if it's a machine or user-related problem.

- Marcus

renovero
Creator
Creator
Author

I said it on my second paragraph... That it is problem with her computer.

@renovero

Spoiler
About Your response, it is a problem on her computer, because when I will log in with her link, everything is OK, and her colleagues also can log in with her link. The problem is present only on her own computer, and I wonder, what kind of options i have to check and change

marcus_sommer

You mentioned that you and other colleagues could use her link but it makes not clear if this user could open the app on your machine or you could do it on her machine (of course each one with it's own credentials)?

- Marcus

renovero
Creator
Creator
Author

I don't understand Your way of thinking.
Your questions, in my opinion, are focus-less. It gets me anywhere, and for some reason You don't read my responses carefully.
So let me tell you that third time - it is problem with her computer.
And again - her link is working on my computer fine. On her - it is asking to download and doesn't open.

renovero
Creator
Creator
Author

I refresh, need help.
What to check, which options from Windows i have to update, what to turn off.
Is it Internet Explorer related to? What to change, besides the security options?