Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dineshmdane
Partner - Contributor III

Rand() function not working in Accesspoint on Refresh

Hi All,

I have used rand function in UI. When I reload I have to get another rand value.

It works fine in my local web view. But it is not working in accesspoint, the same rand value is shown on refresh.

Kindly help me on this.

Regards,

Dinesh M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the user interface, QlikView must have a reason to re-evaluate an expression. If nothing changes in the expression context, your expression won't be re-evaluated. Try with an expression like =Rand()*Now() and you'll see what I mean (but do not use that one in a final document as Now() is known to put a high load on your client)

If you only need a change once after every reload, why don't you calculate a new random value in your LOAD Script?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

For me it's working in IE, Mozilla, Safari, Chrome, Opera? Which Browser you are using? Can you explain little more

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
dineshmdane
Author

Hi Anil,

I have used '=rand()' in text object.

And I tested in chrome.

dineshmdane
Author

Any inputs regarding this query. Kindly respond.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be explain little more with images, Please? Because we need to understand the issue over image. I am not sure why this is not working for you

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
dineshmdane
Author

Hi Anil,

I have used rand function as below in text box :

Rand.PNG

And I have also tried using Variable vRAND = rand() as below :

Rand_Variable.PNG

In my local the values in text box got changed on reload but in accesspoint both of the above method fails on refresh the values does not changed.

Regards,

Dinesh M

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure, Why this is not working for you. Wait for his response Peter Cammaert

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the user interface, QlikView must have a reason to re-evaluate an expression. If nothing changes in the expression context, your expression won't be re-evaluated. Try with an expression like =Rand()*Now() and you'll see what I mean (but do not use that one in a final document as Now() is known to put a high load on your client)

If you only need a change once after every reload, why don't you calculate a new random value in your LOAD Script?