Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

RangeSum or Multiple Sums in Set Analysis

Hi,

I want to sum 2 different amount values in set analysis. However, the 2 amount values are dependent on selections of 2 different fields available in list boxes. I prefer not to use any IF conditions and rather use set analysis. Is this possible?

NUM((RangeSum(If(GetSelectedCount(MonthCurrent) and [Category]='Credit',sum(SalesCurrent * -1)),If(GetSelectedCount(MonthProjected) and [Category]='Credit', Sum(SalesProjected * -1))),'$#,##0'))

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have not tested this, but may be try this:

RangeSum(

Sum({<MonthCurrent = {"=GetSelectedCount(MonthCurrent) > 0"}, Category = {'Credit'}>} (SalesCurrent * -1)),

Sum({<MonthProjected = {"=GetSelectedCount(MonthProjected) > 0"}, Category = {'Credit'}>} (SalesProjected * -1)))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny! This is coming up correct now. Can we show the sum even if no Months are selected ? i.e if no months are selected from MonthCurrent or MonthProjected, it should show the total sum of MonthCurrent and MonthProjected together.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think I know where you are coming from, but could you detail

- why you don't want to use the if() statement here?

Since it's not evaluated per record, there is no big performance impact here.

- How Category field is related to your fact / sales fields?

For checking the selection in month fields, I could imagine either a straight value assignment using an GetfieldSelections() dollar sign expansion in a field modifier (like  MonthCurrent = {$(=GetFieldSelections(MonthCurrent,',',12))} ) or shorter a field name field modifier ( MonthCurrent = MonthCurrentSelector ) using a data island or alternate state foryour selections (a solution which you don't like, if I remember correctly).

From a maintenance point of view, I don't think the set analysis expression will be easier to understand than the above posted expression (given that I think I know some things about your model).

swuehl
MVP
MVP

That should be default QV behaviour. Just remove the field modifier for months field or the if() statement that checks selections in months fields.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

According to My sum({<Field name={'Value'}>}Sales)+ sum({<Field name={'Value'}>}Sales)

try it in this way