Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vamshi_1241
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Rangesum issue in QV pivot table

Hi Guys,

I am facing one issue while cumulating data in Qlikview Pivot table -

Issue - I added week and date are columns in the pivot table. Cumulation is working well and showing the correct numbers at the day level. If we don't drill down weeks into dates, it is showing the correct numbers at the week levels as well. If you expand any week, all other weeks are showing zeros instead of cumulative numbers.

Business wants to see cumulative data at week level by default and if they want they can drill down to day level. I have created a week (MON-SUN) based on the date field and added both week and date in a pivot table with a plan, org, and item as dimensions and added below expression to see cumulative data.

Rangesum(before(TOTAL sum(QTY), 0, columnno(TOTAL)))

Rangesum(before(TOTAL sum(QTY), 0, noofcolumns(TOTAL))).

I tried with the above expressions but not working well for this situation. Attaching sample data and tested qvw for reference.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in Advance,

Vamshi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Now that makes sense.... try this

=If(SecondaryDimensionality() = 2,

Sum(Aggr(
	RangeSum(Above(
		Sum(QTY)
	, 0, RowNo()))
, [Plan ID], [Org id], [Item Id], Date)),

Sum(Aggr(
	RangeSum(Above(
		Sum(QTY)
	, 0, RowNo()))
, [Plan ID], [Org id], [Item Id], Week))
)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
vamshi_1241
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I used the aboved attached qvw as binary in the Qliksense app and created a pivot table with same attributes and expression,  which is showing correctly with the above two expressions. I am facing the issue with the QV pivot table. (Business wants this report in QV only). Is there any difference between QV Pivot and QS Pivot? 

@sunny_talwar  @Michael_Tarallo @hic@swuehl 

sunny_talwar

You can try this

Sum(Aggr(
	RangeSum(Above(
		Sum(QTY)
	, 0, RowNo()))
, [Plan ID], [Org id], [Item Id], Date))
vamshi_1241
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny for your response but issue still exists in pivot table.

sunny_talwar

Can you point out the issue in the image below?

image.png

vamshi_1241
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sunny, 

data is showing wrong with the expression. The source file has data for Item - A200, Org - 100, and plan- 1 only on 6/19/2019 which week1 (6/17/2019). With the cumulative logic, it should display 2 for other dates too but with this expression, it is showing 10 for 1st week and 14 for next week. Here is the expected output - 

vamshi_1241_0-1591683718880.png

But when drilling down to day level - all other weeks are showing 0.

vamshi_1241_1-1591683765418.png

sunny_talwar

Is this from the qvw that I have shared? I am seeing this

image.png

I see 6/24/2019 to show 14 even when week of 06/17/2019 is expanded.... 

vamshi_1241
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

If you see week 6/24,  7/1, and so on, there is no data for those dates so it should be 2 instead of 14 for those weeks too

sunny_talwar

To see 2 for those, you need to expand those weeks my friend

Annotation.png

Sum of 7 2s across all days of 6/24/2020 adds up to 14. I guess you would want to see sum, right? or am I missing something?

vamshi_1241
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I am looking for cumulative data. Since we don't have after 6/19, 2 should be displayed for other dates.

Interestingly, I don't see any issues in Qliksense if we use this qvw as binary and using below expression pivot table.

Rangesum(before(TOTAL sum(QTY), 0, noofcolumn(TOTAL))

Not sure why this is not working in Qlikview