Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rank Function

Hi All

I am new to Qlikview and struggling to use the rank function for the following data

I have a Dimension with the following Fields

PhaseDim (Dimension)

PhaseSetPiece

PhaseOpenPlay

PhaseUnstrucruredPlay

PhaseRuckSpeed

PhaseLineShape

PhaseAdvLineDefence

In a straight table I have the following Dimenions

- Phase Dim

- =if(PhaseValue = 0 ,'',PhaseValue)

- =aggr(sum({$<DefencePhaseSort = {$(#vPHASENO1)}>} [DefenceTacklesMissed]),PhaseValue,PhaseDim)

I then have an expression extracting the max value from each field

=if(PhaseValue = 0 ,'',max(aggr(sum({$<DefencePhaseSort = {$(#vPHASENO1)}>} DefenceTacklesMissed),PhaseValue,PhaseDim)))

I am trying to rank each field from highest to lowest so that I can apply a heatmap to the table

I keep on getting the same number returned for all field

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you are using more than one dimension and you want to rank across all lines in a straight table, you need to use the TOTAL qualifier in rank() function:

=Rank(TOTAL .....)

If you are using a pivot table and you want to rank across all columns (horizontal ranking) you need to use HRank() function.

If this does not help, please post a small sample QVW that demonstrate your issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you are using more than one dimension and you want to rank across all lines in a straight table, you need to use the TOTAL qualifier in rank() function:

=Rank(TOTAL .....)

If you are using a pivot table and you want to rank across all columns (horizontal ranking) you need to use HRank() function.

If this does not help, please post a small sample QVW that demonstrate your issue.