Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuhka
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rank function and Aggr

Hello qlikers, I'm new to qlikview.

I have a sample data which has four columns No, item1, item2 and item3.

I made a pivot table on my QVW to count No and get the rank of item1&2 in this table.

Regarding the Rank function and pivot table, I have a few questions and now I cannot get the result as I want.

キャプチャ.PNG

1. When I record the QVW after sorting source data(No; ascending), the rank of pivot tale is changed.

Is the rank function affected by the sorting of source data as its specification?

2.  When I switch the dimension of the pivot table, the rank of pivot table is changed.

Is the order of dimension effecting to the result of rank function?

3. I'm using aggr and rank function to get the rank of item1&2 as follows.

=Aggr(Rank(Count(distinct No)),(item1),(item2))

In case to replace the setting order of  (item1) and (item2), the rank result on the pivot table is changed.

For aggr expression setting multiple dimensions, is the setting order chenges the result?

Thank you for your support. 

Labels (5)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yuhka, long shot here I think, but I wanted to toss it out to see if it might possibly help, unfortunately I am not much of a developer, but my post will kick things back up too, so someone else may see things now too and leave other comments...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

try this as second dimension:

=Aggr(Rank(Count(distinct [2_No]),2),[2_item1],[2_item2])