Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ranking

Hi

I have created a straight table and there are a total of 500 rows.

I want to create a slider which will show the top X (X will be selected by the slider ranging from 10-50) and after selection of X, the straight table will show only those number of rows. The top X is corresponding to the sum of Values for a particular metric. So if the user selects the top x in the Slider he should be seeing the top x values in the straight table.  Also these values are calculated expressions in the table with conditional show.

I want to know how to make the slider and what all conditions should go into the straight table.

Please help me out.

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Open the Variable Editor and create a new variable vTopX. Give it an initial value of 10. Next add a slider sheet object. Assign the variable vTopX to it. Set the minimum value to 10 and the maximum value to 50. In your straight table go to the Dimension Limits tab and enable dimension limits for the dimension of your choice. Select the option Show only and then set the options to 'Largest' and enter =vTopX in the next input field on the right.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks...its working...I wanted to ask one more thing...I have a list of metrics and their change corresponding to it. I have a text object which will show these metrics when they are more than their threshold. The problem is that their are more than 40 metrics and the number of text object is limited i.e. 6. So I have priority issues. I want to do it using rank (or you can suggest if there is any another method), so the metrics will rank up wrt to the change. And then the top 6 will pop up in the text objects.