Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom906123
Contributor
Contributor

Rankings by top 5,10,15, and 20

Hi I am trying to build the below chart into QlikView by top 5,10,15,20 clients.

To give a better idea of what I am trying to do..

The 20.00% would represent the sum of sales for the top 5 clients (ranked by sales) divided by the total sum of sales for a given month and year (preferably variable so they update accordingly over time) 

Variance is simply calculated by (new -old) / old

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Client% of total sales 
 Jan 19Jan 18% Var
Top 520.00%21.00%-4.76%
Top 1030.00%32.00%-6.25%
Top 1560.00%65.00%-7.69%
Top 2070.00%73.00%-4.11%
6 Replies
tincholiver
Creator III
Creator III

Hello, I was looking at your case and resolved it in the following way:

Ranking.png

In the first place the proposal has some inconsistency and that is due to the following:
A customer in 2018 may be ranked 5 in sales but in the following year be in position 6, then this would make the same client in two different dimensions in each case and that is not possible, therefore the solution was add all registered sales, based on those sales calculates the ranking and then distributes it in each dimension (current year and previous year), this means that if you calculate separately each year there may be variation in the rankings with respect to the total.
I enclose the solution and the data that I invented to do the calculations

I hope it helps you

tom906123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Understood, the intention would to simply take the sum of sales for the top 5 for each year without respect to an individual customer per se

Would you mind re-uploading the document if possible? 

I am getting   Rankings.qvw failed to load 

tincholiver
Creator III
Creator III

yes no problem.

tom906123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Still no luck - getting the same error. Even tried opening w/o data from the cmd prompt and received the same error message 

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /nodata "C:\QlikView Data\Sales Dashboards.qvw"

tincholiver
Creator III
Creator III

So, give me some email and send you in this way.
Attach it again just in case

tom906123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Same error - sent you a PM. Thanks again!