Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Read data from Excel Sheet Along With Colour ( Font Colour & Background Colour )

Hi Friends,

I are working on an assignment in which i collect data on an excel sheet and categories them on the basis of particular color.

Now I want to consolidate all workbooks along with the color given in excel sheet.

So please let me know is it possible to get data from excel sheet in to Qlikview along with the color given to it in Excel Sheet. ( Both Font color & Background Color ).

Regards

Jyothish KC

Best Regards,
KC
12 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Hmm....So there is no way to get the colours...????

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable

No thats not possible .. as far as i know

Regards,

anant

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Dammm .....

So is there any other way by which I can achieve my requirements..??

Best Regards,
KC
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

if the data structure in excel is not complicated and you can do a pre proccess on excel file before loading in QV, you can add some columns to Excel file and use excel functions such as ColorIndex(A3) to get the colors of cells in two new columns. then you can read it and process the color info in your QV app.

Best Regards

Peyman

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can iport put your excel data into qlikview once loaded put in pivot/staright table

then you can expand your dimension or expression and put color function red() or green()

Regards,

anant

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Can you please explain a little more..?? Colorindex() function is giving an Error msg.

Best Regards,
KC
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

No, This is not gonna work. I have a huge amount of data which is categorized on color basis, cant do on a pivot table.

Best Regards,
KC
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

i will make a sample excel file and attach in next response asap

Regards

Peyman

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author