Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Recovery problem

Hello all,

I'm desperately hoping that someone can help with this because at the moment I am unable to use Qlikview and feel like I've been blinded in (at least) one eye as I use it daily for analysing data.

I have been using the Personal Edition for some years now; the last few months I've been on version 11, but for various reasons (changing laptop, IT changing domains, etc.) I have used up all my recovery attempts. I understand and accept completely the reasons for this limitation, so had resigned myself to having to recreate my dashboard from scratch after the last domain change had made the one I was using inaccessible.

However, I now have a problem whereby, even when I create a brand new file, save it, close, then try to re-open it, I *still* get the "recovery attempts exceeded" error and cannot open it again. Since this is a file created by the same user on the same machine--and indeed, I don't even have to close Qlikview to get this message--I can't understand why I am seeing this error.

Could anyone shed any light on it and if there is a possible solution. Sadly, it seems unlikely that I will be able to persuade my employers to shell out $1300 on a licence

Many thanks.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Could be this problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply. Sadly, that's not the problem. I *am* having that problem too, but after reading the thread about it, deleted the -prj folder. Unfortunately after having done so, I am still left unable to open the file just created because I have exceeded the allowed number of recoveries, even though this isn't actually a recovery.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply. Sadly, that's not the problem. I *am* having that problem too, but after reading the thread about it, deleted the -prj folder. Unfortunately after having done so, I am still left unable to open the file just created because I have exceeded the allowed number of recoveries, even though this isn't actually a recovery.

Thanks for your help anyway.

coskunist
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello simonking87, did you resolve the problem?

I have the same issue.

Thanks.