Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reference Line on Coordinates

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to draw a reference line where I set the point on the x-axis and it goes up and meets the corresponding point on the y axis. For instance, imagine an x axis of "number of days" and y axis of "number of items produced". If I set the x axis to 35 days, I want it to meet where the y-axis says 20 items produced.

Hopefully that is clear. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Ok, y references now begin from y axis and stop at corresponding x coordinate. Think that's what you wanted.

Let me know if that works.

Matt

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm not entirely sure of what you need, but perhaps you can accomplish this creating an expression with the following condition:

if([number of days] = 35,20,0)

If that doesn't work, perhaps try posting a sample qvw and people may have an easier time fining a solution.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Not applicable
Author

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help. That doesn't exactly meet what I'm looking for. I have attached a chart below. As you can see, the reference lines are currently at x=45 and x=60 but go all the way to the top of the chart. I want them to hit at the y-coordinates that correspond to x=45 and x=60. Does that make more sense?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've added them as expressions (you may be able to use the same set to create a reference line too) and the lines now end where x and y meet.

Let me know if that works for you.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! That was a really helpful start. I tried to finish off the chart by adding the horizontal reference lines at y=380 and y = 395 but the lines don't stop at the x=45 and x=60 coordinates. I did this by adding in reference lines under the presentation tab... Is there a way to get them to intersect by writing an expression?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I added two more expressions to meet this requirement.

Best,

Matt

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! Well, I was hoping the line would hit the y-axis at y=380 and y=395 as those the are corresponding coordinates to x=45 and x=60. Instead, it is hitting the x=380 and x=395 values. I tried modifying your expressions but no luck. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

Ok, y references now begin from y axis and stop at corresponding x coordinate. Think that's what you wanted.

Matt

Not applicable
Author

That's it exactly!!! Thanks!