Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Reference Line

Hi

I wonder if it's possible in a scatter plot the line : Y = X to share my plot thanks to the first diagonal line.

thanks for any help

Jean-Jacques

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
christianlaurit
Contributor II

Reference Line

Hi Jean-Jacques,

There is a fairly simple solution to your problem; you add a linear reference line to a fouth expression. In an XY plot, the first expression represents the X-axist, the second the Y axis and the third the size.

If you add a fourth expression that is a copy of the first, i.e. the x axis it will not be visible, but it is part of the solution. When you add a liniar reference line to the fourth expression, it will be drawn as X = Y as that is its expression.

Hope this helps,

Christian

15 Replies
Not applicable

Reference Line

Hi, does anyone know how to do a diagonal reference line in a scatter chart?

Luminary
Luminary

Reference Line

Here are some X=Y Diagonal Lines in a Scatter Plot. I'm going to keep working on it, but right now for it to work you need to have a point selected that is at (0,0) for it to work, but if you naturally don't have this, you should be able to generate it in the script.

Regards.

christianlaurit
Contributor II

Reference Line

Hi Jean-Jacques,

There is a fairly simple solution to your problem; you add a linear reference line to a fouth expression. In an XY plot, the first expression represents the X-axist, the second the Y axis and the third the size.

If you add a fourth expression that is a copy of the first, i.e. the x axis it will not be visible, but it is part of the solution. When you add a liniar reference line to the fourth expression, it will be drawn as X = Y as that is its expression.

Hope this helps,

Christian

Not applicable

Reference Line

Thanks Christian!

Brilliant solution! This really helped me as well!

/Elsy

Not applicable

Reference Line

Waou ! very tricky !

thanks Christian ! it's nice to wait almost 2 years for a such answer.

JJ

clisboa_noesis
Contributor

Re: Reference Line

Hi,

I know it's been more than a year but...

Just a hint, if you show the equation for the linear line you can see that it's not exactly X=Y but close enough (y = 1x+1.81e-12 in my case).

Regards,

Carlos

Not applicable

Hi Christian,

It's working well.

Thanks!!!!

Not applicable

Thanks for this solution.  Exactly what I needed!

christianlaurit
Contributor II

I am glad to hear, Lorna! Thank you!