Master III
Master III

Refresh the data any time

Hi,

i used developed app like

Extractor

data model

application

now user asking to keep a button to reload the new data at anytime. i set the task at QMC etractor is sucessfull data model will run datamodel is sucessfull application will run. task is running everyday 4 A.M. but user ask to reload at any time they visit. is this possible.

please guide me the way to do it.

Thanks

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not recommended but possible, see this document:

Using EDX in QlikView 11

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

incremental load will not work here right?

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Incremental load means that you only load the delta from your previous load and thereby probably get a more efficient load cycle. It can be part of allowing more frequent reloads.

User-driven reload will easily overload your server. Just consider what will happen if multiple user start a reload at the same time or while a previous reload is being executed. You will be better of with planning tighter reloads on the server side.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

any other alternate way or sugtgestions for this?

Thanks

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks for the suggestion Toni

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

Incremental load can decrease the document loading time. But it can't make data to be updated at anytime required.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think of a continuous reload.  The new reload starts as soon as the previous one ends.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

i think i have done like this

i set the task at QMC extractor is sucessfull data model will run datamodel is sucessfull application will run.

is this right?

but user cant reload like this right?

Thanks

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

There is a way but then user will be able to see another document opening and reloading.

If that is not an issue then when user opens application then extractor will open and reload. then modelling and then main application will load.