Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eoinboylan
Partner - Contributor III

Reload Routines Clashing

Hi all,

I have lots of tasks running in my Qlik environment, but they are essentially split into two routines.  

There is an hourly routine, which kicks off on the hour, and takes about 40 minutes, and one simulating 'real-time', reloading every 13 minutes, which takes around 5 minutes. 

Most of the time these routines do not clash, except when the 'real-time' one kicks off around the top of the hour (1pm, 2pm etc...), where the Extractor of the hourly routine attempts to write to a qvd that a loader in the real-time reload is trying to read.  

I can't change the trigger of the 'real-time' app to only occur after the hourly extractor runs, as this limits the 'real-time' to once per hour, so I have been trying to figure out if there's a way to tell the 'real-time' to either hold off if it occurs when the hourly extractor is running OR to just not run at all when the extractor runs.  

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Eoin

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What about using 'Dependency' in the hourly one regarding the one that runs more often?  I think that is your only option here as far as I can think, and the max it should delay the hourly is just over 5 minutes I would suspect based upon how you have things configured.  Given that a try if you can and see if that does the trick.  I reread the Help on things, and I am not sure if it will do what you want or not, but I think it is worth a try, as if the task is in process, I believe that should force the hourly one to hold until we get the task finished successfully message...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_Source...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
eoinboylan
Author

Hi BrettBleess,

Thanks for responding.  I have attempted to implement this, adding the more frequent task as a dependency to the hourly extraction and will monitor this over the next couple of days to see if it makes a difference.  

I'll report back once I can see that this is helping solve the issue.

Many thanks!

Eoin