Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pulkit_Thukral
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Reload by EDX Not working properly

Hi All,

i used a macro script to run a particular task as my need was to refresh the dashboard with the latest data as provided by user.

Problem here is that,on clicking button with macro written in actions in Access Point, i can see task running in QMC on server but after the task has completed running (5-7 Seconds),new data is not seen on Access point even on refreshing the Browser screen.

Please note:- I am using qvd data for that application.

Below is the EDX script used.

function RequestEDX()

dim strServer

dim strTaskName

dim strCommand

dim strReturnValue

strServer = "xxxxxxxxx"

strTaskName = "Reload and Distribute of Sample.qvw"

strCommand = "C:\EDX\qmsedx.exe" & _

" -qms=" & chr(34) & strServer & chr(34) & _

" -task=" & chr(34) & strTaskName & chr(34) & _

" -password=4689" & _

" -timeout=500"

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

strReturnValue = WshShell.Run (strCommand, 1, true)

sEDXTask = strReturnValue   

end function

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

For this task, Why do you want EDX, Do you have publisher with you to schedule the reloads

Try some thing like this from script level of Qlikview environment

LET a =if(left(subfield((now()-ReloadTime())*1440,'.',2),1)=5,999,0);

Macro

Sub ReloadDoc

ActiveDocument.load()Reload

ActiveDocument.Close()Save

End sub

Then, Use this Macro Name for Variable Trigger onchange from Triggers Tab and see whether the Updated data will coming or not.

Note: I've tested this by using schedule for local machine. You may try similar for 3rd part URL and then let us know

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Pulkit_Thukral
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Anil,

EDX is required as my requirement is that user should be able to reload the application.

Hence its a dynamic refresh and cannot be scheduled.

Also, i believe the macro that you have sent might not work on access point as these work only in the local machine.

i tried this option before as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anil,

Please check QMC setting sometime "preload option" is checked for the application which need to be reloaded. Also, additionally , please check the browser settings.

Best regards,

Kaveri

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pulkit,

I have tried your code and this is working for me. However, My requirement is to reload document from client machine.

This code is not working from client machine. Can anyone suggest how to achieve this ?