Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload error: No QlikView Engine was available...

Hi

I have alot of QVWs that reloads every day. Sometimes I get this error:

1. 17.1.2013 02:45:00      Error Failed to allocate a QlikView Engine.
  2. 17.1.2013 02:45:00      Error No QlikView Engine was available after waiting for 45 minutes
  3. 17.1.2013 02:45:00      Error Reload failed because the document could not be opened successfully. DocumentState=CouldNotGetSlot
  4. 17.1.2013 02:45:00      Error Reload failed. Distribution skipped.
  5. 17.1.2013 02:45:00      Error The task "Raw Layer/SAP Raw Layer.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=4

So naturally I thought that the settings on the QV server could fix this. On the server, I found (in Documents -> [pick the correct QVW file] -> Reload -> Timeout seconds) and it showed 21600 seconds or 360 minutes. Still, the error log tells me it tried only for 45 minutes before stopping.

Am I missing something here, or maybe looking at the wrong settings? I can post more info if needed.

Regards,

Gunnar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

That timeout is for how long will the task be allowed to run, once it has already started, until it's killed.

If you set the max simultaneos QVB to 2, and a 3rd process wants to start in will wait for 45 minutes for one of those 2 QVBs to become free. If none does then you will get the error you posted first.

If the process starts but doesn't finish for 21600 seconds, then QlikView will kill it assuming something went wrong.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You should look into configuring more Qv Engines available for distribution. Pick the minimun value between your server cores and 9.

img8.png

If you want to change the 45 mins timeout you need to edit the following line in the file C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config.

<!-- The number of minutes to wait for a free Qlikview engine -->

<add key="QvbWaitTimeoutMinutes" value="45"/>

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.

But in that case, what is the purpose of

Capture02.JPG

in the QEMC if you can change the timeout in QVDistributionService.exe.config for all reloads instead?

Regards,

Gunnar

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

That timeout is for how long will the task be allowed to run, once it has already started, until it's killed.

If you set the max simultaneos QVB to 2, and a 3rd process wants to start in will wait for 45 minutes for one of those 2 QVBs to become free. If none does then you will get the error you posted first.

If the process starts but doesn't finish for 21600 seconds, then QlikView will kill it assuming something went wrong.

idogridish2
Creator II
Creator II

Hi danielrozental

I have  the same issue but i can't find the folder "Distribution Services" in my QMC,

Is there a Reason why?

לכידה.PNG

Thanks.

achitreskyitgroup
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

What does your task status shows when you experience this.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @idogridish2,

Typically the reason why Distribution Services isn't listed in QMC > System > Setup is that a Publisher license hasn't been applied and the QlikView Server is running as Reload Engine.

Hope this helps you

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!