Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload of Doc is not happening

Hi,

I am new to QMC and trying to reload one document, but it's not getting reloaded, I have tried scheduling the task and manually reloading as well, please help to reload it.

Screen shot is attached.

Regards,

Navdeep

13 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Navdeep,

are you getting any error_message in QMC? If it goes back to "failed" after running for a short time, have a look in the log. Can you post the last few lines here?

Not applicable
Author

Hey m not getting the log file, its not starting at all. Nothing is showing up in doc details also.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Can you open the doc (right-click -> "Open without data") and in the doc_properties, tick the checkbox to create a log file?

If I understand you correctly, though, the task never even goes to "running" in the QMC, but after a few seconds it switches right back to "failed". Is that it?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

And that task is scheduled? (if it wasn't, it wouldn't show up on this page of QMC)

=> Can you look in QMC on the tab "documents" and make sure it is physically saved in the directory where QMC "knows" it? Otherwise, it might be a "ghost task" - we had those regularly.

simsondevadoss
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Restart all the services

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi simson,

if he can do that himself, that might be a possibility - though I think that restarting the QDS should be enough ("QlikView Distribution Service", that is).

Me for my part, i cannot do that myself, I don't have the privileges, which is why I would first test out all other possibilities and leave that for last.

simsondevadoss
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yeah. Since he has administrator rights to the QMC i thought he also has access to server as well.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi simsin,

not necessarily. I have access to QMC as I am in that security_group, but I cannot access the services running on the server.

Let's see what it is in Navdeep's case ...

Not applicable
Author

Hey Guys,

Seems there was some issue with RAM and I restarted my server, now everything is working fine :-). Thanks for support.