Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload of Doc is not happening

Hi,

I am new to QMC and trying to reload one document, but it's not getting reloaded, I have tried scheduling the task and manually reloading as well, please help to reload it.

Screen shot is attached.

Regards,

Navdeep

13 Replies
simsondevadoss
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Please mark the answer is Correct/ Helpful. So that it will be easy for others

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Navdeep,

have a look at the logs created by the DistributionService maybe. It is possible to build a QlikView_app to load those logs and read some data, among others the RAM_consumption, from them.

QlikView has the tendency to grab RAM, but not free it up again, so the consumption continues to grow and it's possible that at some point you'll run into problems because your server doesn't have enough RAM left for other things.

That is why, acc. to my latest knowledge, Qlik advises to restart the services in regular intervals. I suggested it here, but our IT wouldn't do it. They'd rather have me ask them to restart every time and continue grumbling about QlikView because it's not integrated into their world ...

I guess that restarting the QDS would be enough and restarting once a month would seem reasonable - once a week if you're a bit short on RAM generally.

HTH

Not applicable
Author

Yes Buddy, I am facing same issue, RAM is too less as we are testing Qlikview in our organisation. And to my bad gradually RAM consumption will increase thus once in 2 weeks I have to restart my server.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Well, then you can schedule to restart QDS every night. That way RAM will be freed up daily and your troubles will be minimizes - at least rgd. QlikView.

Since QlikView is an IN-MEMORY tool, of course it will still need a lot of RAM depending on the amount of data to be processed, but freeing it up again daily should minimize the impact.